10 Day Bricklaying Courses - Bricklaying Training Courses
This is a practical 10 Day hands on Bricklaying Course. These courses are designed to give you sound knowledge of brickwork for use at home or site but is also flexible and can be tailored to include any specific project you are planning. Our 10 Day Bricklaying courses are as good as it gets.
Our Instructor and Assessor not only teaches bricklaying but actually does it for a living. From Site developing to Domestic he knows his stuff which can only be advantageous to the students. You will be confident on completion of your course in tackling various projects having had the best training that Goldtrowel is known and respected for.
The first two days of the course are fixed and consist of the following elements:
- Introduction to and the use of tools
- Gauging & mixing mortars
- Loading & setting out the site with materials
- Trowel techniques and laying the bed joint
- Buttering brick joints
- Building corners plumb and level
- Laying to the line & various pointing techniques.
Each technique is demonstrated before you proceed with your first practical exercise. With this day over with you would have built a single skin brick wall in Stretcher Bond with returns and piers. Correct footings for walls are also discussed.
- A demonstration of various brickwork bonds proceeds your practical exercise for today which will be to build a double skinned wall with a pier and a return.
- We cover English Bond, Flemish Bond and a variety of Garden Wall Bonds. We also cover using creasing tiles and brick on edge coping.
- From here the course is tailored to suit each student. There are two options.
- Option 1 consists of the principles and practicalities of building brick and block cavity walls such as would be used for extensions, porches and new-builds.
- Construct 4 inch wall with 13 inch and 9 inch pier finished with soldier course
- Construct English Bond Corner and walling
- Construct Flemish Bond Corner and walling
- Construct 9" wall with piers and finish with Brick on Edge
- Dog toothing, creasing tiles, dental coursing, scallops
- Raking cut with brick on edge
- Cavity walling with DPCs
- Air Bricks
- Wall Ties
- Lintels, Tray damps and reveals
Days 8 - 10
- Herringbone and basket weave with panels
- Radius work
- Quarter Bond Pier
You wont find any better Bricklaying Courses
- Some of the modules we use are similar to those used in the City and Guilds assesment and so will give you an idea of the speed and quality required should you wish to progress to that level in the future.