10 Day Plastering Courses - Intermediate Plastering Course
Our 10 Day Plastering Courses are full on Advanced 10 day Courses that enables each student to Plaster Ceilings and Walls, Reskim, and Overboard ceilings. From Plasterboarding to Plastering over Artex, you will complete your 10 day course with Coving and Floor screeding to Inverted Manholes.
- No other Training Centre offers what we do. This is an Intense 10 Day Plastering Course which is ideal for complete beginners, those with some plastering knowledge or experienced plasterers wanting to upskill. Please read what you will recieve for your money and then do a comparison. We do NOT rush our training it's just that we believe that you need to be on the tools from the start, it's the only way you learn. This is a 'hands on' practical course, you will be plastering for 10 days, you will NOT be in a classroom, you cannot learn to plaster sitting at a desk.
You may even wish to further you skills and work towards one of our qualification courses such as the 4 week City and Guilds Plastering qualification, the 4 week NVQ Level 2 or the 6 week NVQ Level 2 and City & Guilds Qualification .The choice is yours.
We have New facilities to cater for every aspect of Plastering. What more would you expect from the Leading Training Provider located in Essex.
- "We are Plasterers that teach Plastering" and have many years of experience.
- "Come and see for yourself and ask the students" It's not the distance that you travel to a course, It's the Quality of the Training in Real life Scenarios. If you want a change in Career and have no experience we will get you qualified as a Plasterer.
- Pay-As-You-Train options are available for our longer qualification courses.
- You can stagger your course to suit your needs.
If you would like to book on a 10 day Course but cannot do all 10 days at once. No Problem Just give us a call and let us know what days you can complete and we will tailor the 10 day course around you.
Intensive 10 Day Plastering Courses - Content week one - Monday - Friday
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- You will then plasterboard your Ceiling in your allocated room
- Learn how to cut and fix Plasterboards correctly then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration and then you will apply 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to your own ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc...
- In depth discussions, demonstrations using the corrct mixes over all substrates and applying render scratch coats to walled areas
- Float all the walls as a backing coat - we advise students to do as many walls as possible
- The use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule.
- Demonstration of Render top coats
- Apply all Top coat backing coats to standard
- All Floated out walls will be rubbed up smooth, then on completion devil floated ready for plastering the following day.
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- You will then change rooms and carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- In the afternoon you will have a discussion about pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
- Sit a written quotation test so that a good understanding on pricing is calculated
- You will also prepare your ceilings using Artex patterns prior to the following day. (optional)
- This is your new room that you will have to complete in one day
- You will carry out a glue float and set using bonding
- Re bead the windows and external corners
- Re-skim (Plaster) the ceilings and walls to a high standard and finish externals with and without beads
- The bonus to this day is that you are now skimming over Artex.
- By applying the trowel float trowel method you will skim your artex ceilings and walls all together to consolidate how much you have learnt on the first 3 days all rolled into one day
- In depth class discussion of completed day
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to Cove out areas using 4" & 5 "coving
- Coving out the rooms using various tools for internal, external and offset angles.
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to complete your own floor screed correctly
- This will be the day you will finish the rooms off completely with floor screeding to our set FFL.
- You will also be given up to date information on screeding using various types of insulation such as cellotex, from conservatories to New Builds we have the knowledge and experience. We will also be covering unbonded and bonded floors knowing all regulations to the relevant substrates.
Advanced Plastering Course content week 2 - Monday - Friday
During this Advanced Course you will learn how to:
- Plasterboard your ceiling in your allocated room, learn how to cut and fix boards correctly, plasterboard the walls using the direct bond method (dot and dab) with adhesive, construct an arch to a specified shape and size. Cutting correctly thin coat beads to all external angles, scrim taping all joins in plasterboards to ceiling walls and internal ceiling and wall joins and wall to wall joins. 2 coat skim (Plaster) the ceiling over plasterboard. Option - May Overboard Ceiling.
- Float all the walls as a backing coat, the use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule, flat render. You will learn how to free hand all external angles, bullnose corners etc.. Finish off with Devil Flaoting prior to applying 2 coats of finish plaster.
- Move into your second room and seal all plaster using pva sealer, re-cut thin coat beads and fix to external angles, glue and 2 coat skim ceiling finishing to a barrel. glue and 2 coat skim walls using internal corner trowels as required.
- Move into your third room seal glue and 3 coat skim ceiling to a curve if required, you will be using the trowel float trowel method of 3 coating a Ceiling, you will be shown how to straighten the ceiling lines with the use of a featheredge, you will 2 coat skim (Plaster) the walls and these will be expected to be perfect.
- Complete floor screed using inverted manholes and drain pipes, up to date specifictions using cellutex insulation.We will discuss any areas that we feel you need more tuition with, you can also let us know what areas you would like to practice more with, we will accommodate, this so when you leave you are capable of completing jobs to a professional and high quality standard.
Prior to the Practical Plastering Course you will receive upon booking with us the following training material.
The internet link to the free Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials
Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
You should watch the Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials and study the Training Manual prior to starting your course.
10 day advanced and intensive plastering course; No1 in delivery, experienced, professional dedicated in what we do best. It is the best 10 day advanced plastering course in the UK. You will leave the course competent in what you have achieved, visit Goldtrowel Centre and you will not be disappointed
When the students above first came to Goldtrowel in Essex they had no experience in plastering before.
After just two weeks they plastered a whole room each. We will develop your skills quicker, faster so that you can take on those large areas. You can also advance yourself by Gaining City and Guilds Or NVQ.