10 Day Tiling Courses Wall and Floor Courses
Goldtrowel is the UKs No.1 Centre for Tiling Courses. Our courses in tiling are designed to give you a good understanding in all areas of tiling whether you are a total beginner or someone who has some knowledge of tiling. It is our responsibility to instill confidence in all that you achieve and learn throughout your course. Goldtrowel Tiling courses are intensive courses, hands on and practical courses.
This intensive wall and floor tiling course is entirely hands on and you will develop tiling skills which will give you the confidence and knowledge to attempt tiling tasks after you have left the Centre. We also offer full aftercare support on complettion of your training. We have a maximum of 8 persons at any time on the tiling course, each student will be allocated there own bay/room, all tools and materials are supplied whilst on your course.
You will see that we have clearly displayed "lesson plans" so you know what training you will be receiving during whatever course you choose to undertake.
Goldtrowel Tiling courses are intensive courses, hands on and practical Courses
As a City & Guilds and NVQ Approved Tiling Centre, with Assessors and Internal Verifiers on site, you can be assured that equal training and facilities will be offered to everyone attending all courses. Our Tiling instructors, take total pride in their skills and are keen to pass their knowledge onto others who are eager to make a start in the tiling industry.
.Introduction into Tiling
5 day Wall and Floor Tiling training course, a introduction to tools, H&S, Adhesives, Trowels, Backgrounds, Tiles, Fixing techniques, Trim, Borders, Grouting, Setting out, mastics, you will be applying the above to walls and floors, plus explanations and demonstrations on Tanking systems and under floor heating.
Breakdown of our 1 week 5 day course
- Preparation, types & characteristics of backgrounds / substrates
- Service conditions
Monday - Friday
- Learn Setting out your tiling work.
- Explaining all the different adhesives used for different surfaces.
- Demonstrating all the tools required.
- Cutting tiles using wet tile cutters, dry tile cutters, tile scribes, tile snips and tile saws. Explaining tiling involving Borders, Diamonds and Patterns.
- How to cut around windows and reveals.
- How to cope with tiling difficult areas such as uneven walls.
You will learn in depth all the uses of the following:-
- Cutting tools
- Nippers / Scribers / Twin rail manual / Electric wet
- Adhesive types
- Dispersion / Cementitious / Mixing procedures
- Types / uses / applications / coverages / spreading
- Setting out
- Procedures / gauging lathes / Datums / Levels / batons.
- Tile trim
- Fixing / uses / alternatives
- Grout technology
- Mixing / Types / Uses / Application / Specialist grouts (Epoxy)
- Silicone Mastic
- Types / uses / application
- Floor levelling compounds explained
- Tanking (waterproofing) explained and demonstrated
- Underfloor heating explained
Monday - Friday
- Advanced training, building on our first week tackling bigger areas, and covering more in-depth and working area, incorporating complete bathroom and kitchen obstacles, covering extra skills such as complex patterns, Natural stones, Levelling compounds, pricing etc, and much more!!
- All the training you receive whilst at Goldtrowel will go towards an NVQ if you wish to acquire the achievement at a future date.