5 Day Plastering Courses - Intensive Plastering Courses
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS COURSE OR ANY OF OUR COURSES? CALL US ON 01708 344700 WE DO NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATED SYSTEM, YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED TO PICK AN OPTION. YOU WILL JUST GET TO SPEAK TO A FRIENDLY MEMBER OF STAFF.
This 5 day hands on plastering course will teach you how to Plasterboard, Plaster, Reskim, Render, Float out and carry out repairs. Just read the 5 Day Plastering Course structure below to see what you will achieve. No other Training Provider offers this amount of Intense Plastering in one week. Ideal for complete beginners, students with some plastering knowledge or experienced plasterers looking to upskill.
- No other Training Centre offers what we do.
- This is an Intense 5 Day Plastering Course is ideal for complete beginners, students with some plastering knowledge or experienced plasterers looking to upskill.
- Please read what you will recieve for your money and then do a comparison.
- We do NOT rush our training it's just that we believe that you need to be on the tools from the start, it's the only way you learn. The course is 'hands on' you will be plastering for 5 days, you will NOT be in a classroom, you cannot learn to plaster sitting at a desk. You will learn to plaster with a hawk and trowel in your hand using the correct methods and Tools.
"We are Plasterers that teach Plastering" and have many years of experience.
"Come and see for yourself and ask the students" It's not the distance that you travel to a course, It's the Quality of the Training in Real life Scenarios. If you want a change in Career and have no experience we will get you qualified as a Plasterer.
You want to book on a 5 day Course and cannot do all 5 days at once. No Problem If you would like to do the course over weekends or stagger it over week days just give us a call 01708 344700 and our friendly staff will tailor a course around your needs.
5 Day Intensive Plastering courses content - Monday - Friday
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- You will then plasterboard your Ceiling in your allocated room
- Learn how to cut and fix Plasterboards correctly then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration and then you will apply 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to your own ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc...
- In depth discussions, demonstrations using the correct mixes over all substrates and applying render scratch coats to walled areas
- Float all the walls as a backing coat - we advise students to do as many walls as possible
- The use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule.
- Demonstration of Render top coats
- Apply all Top coat backing coats to standard
- All Floated out walls will be rubbed up smooth, then on completion devil floated ready for plastering the following day.
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- You will then change rooms and carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- In the afternoon you will have a discussion about pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
- Sit a written quotation test so that a good understanding on pricing is calculated
- You will also prepare your ceilings using Artex patterns prior to the following day. (optional)
- This is your new room that you will have to complete in one day
- You will carry out a glue float and set using bonding
- Re bead the windows and external corners
- Re-skim (Plaster) the ceilings and walls to a high standard and finish externals with and without beads
- The bonus to this day is that you are now skimming over Artex.
- By applying the trowel float trowel method you will skim your artex ceilings and walls all together to consolidate how much you have learnt on the first 3 days all rolled into one day
- In depth class discussion of completed day
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to Cove out areas using 4" & 5 "coving
- Coving out the rooms using various tools for internal, external and offset angles.
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to complete your own floor screed correctly
- This will be the day you will finish the rooms off completely with floor screeding to our set FFL.
- You will also be given up to date information on screeding using various types of insulation such as cellotex, from conservatories to New Builds we have the knowledge and experience. We will also be covering unbonded and bonded floors knowing all regulations to the relevant substrates.
You will achieve professional standards in everthing that you have been taught whilst on your course.
We also offer various Venetian Marble Polished plastering courses, these are becoming more popular but most importantly you will have the best training on what ever course you choose.
Prior to the Practical Plastering Course you will receive upon booking the following training material.
- Internet link to the Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials
- Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
- You should download & study the training manual from the Members Login and watch the Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials
Pre-Course Study Guide & After-Care Support
You will have access to the online Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials. You will have access to all our training manuals. Upon completion of your course you can call our helpful and friendly staff if you ever need advice and guidance on any matter . We also sell tools and materials with a next day delivery service. This package is unique to Goldtrowel students; you will find this offer no where else.
- Goldtrowel are dedicated and committed to providing the best training within the UK. Why not visit us you wont be disappointed. We are leaders in Trowel Occupations and our Centre of Excellence is as good as it gets.
- Our Training Centre of Excellence is not uniformed, not symetrical. Why would it be. In the real world it doesn't work that way, so its best to have the problems to solve here so that when you leave us, you will find it easier to approach certain scenarios and feel confident and competent.
Questions:- Ask your Training Provider these Questions - They should know answers.
- Name six backgrounds that Thistle Bonding can be applied over?
- Name 2 backgrounds that Thistle Hardwall can be applied and why?
- What is shelling and how do you overcome it?
- Why shouldnt you PVA float work?
- What is the Trowel Float Trowel method, and where would you use it?
- How do you hold off plaster to tackle those bigger areas?
- Difference between qualities of sand that can have an adverse effect to rendering?
- Why apply scratch coats, name the various mixes to all substrates?
- Variants of backing plasters and its usages?
- Understanding the gauge of plaster mixes?
- Differences between Mutli Finish and Board Finish, and what substrates it can cover?
The above are just some of the questions that you will learn the answers to here at Goldtrowel, unlike other providers that would not necessary know the answers.
Feel free to ask the instructors any questions at any time during or after the course regarding plastering, damp work, external work etc...
You will learn the correct gauge of all materials to be used. Learn all correct ratios of sand and cement mixes to all backgrounds whilst on our plastering training courses.
Here are some Frequently asked Questions which will give you Information Advice and Guidance
On successfully completing your 5 Day Plastering Course you will be awarded a Certified Certificate proof of the relevant units you successfully achieved.
Uks Number 1 Plastering Training Centre. Our 5 day plastering training course structure cannot be delivered by any other training provider.. in the way that Goldtrowel offers. where else would you learn all our course structure in 5 days. All our students have a room each to work in, you will not share areas. We have a New Plastering Centre designed to be difficult and challenging.
Course reviews - Click here
Below are pictures clearly displaying what you will achieve whilst on your 5 Day Plastering Course