NVQ Plastering Courses | 8 Week NVQ Plastering Course
NVQ Plastering Courses 8 Weeks plastering at Goldtrowel, will take you to NVQ Level 3. You will also gain your NVQ Level 2 whilst working towards your level 3 during your Plastering Course. This is a fantastic opportunity to complete 8 weeks intensive Plastering here at Goldtrowel with a Multskill Platform in hardcore Plastering and Rendering of the highest calibre that can't be bettered.
This is not a City and Guilds Plastering Course. It's an NVQ Level 2 working towards NVQ Level 3 in Management.
WE HAVE NOW INCORPORATED THE CITY AND GUILDS LEVEL 2 COURSE
These 8 Week Plastering Courses are very unique in that your course structure will consist of the following:
- 4 weeks Plastering to NVQ Level 2 / City and Guilds Level 2
- Assessment for NVQ Level 2
- Cscs Test
- Rendering & Krend Course
- External Wall Insulation Course
- Intricate Thin Coat Render Course
- Site Supervisory visits
- All Registration fees for Level 2 and Level 3 are included
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- You will then plasterboard your Ceiling in your allocated room
- Learn how to cut and fix Plasterboards correctly then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration and then you will apply 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to your own ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc...
- In depth discussions, demonstrations using the correct mixes over all substrates and applying render scratch coats to walled areas
- Float all the walls as a backing coat - we advise students to do as many walls as possible
- The use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule.
- Demonstration of Render top coats
- Apply all Top coat backing coats to standard
- All Floated out walls will be rubbed up smooth, then on completion devil floated ready for plastering the following day.
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- You will then change rooms and carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- In the afternoon you will have a discussion about pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
- Sit a written quotation test so that a good understanding on pricing is calculated
- You will also prepare your ceilings using Artex patterns prior to the following day. (optional)
- This is your new room that you will have to complete in one day
- You will carry out a glue float and set using bonding
- Re bead the windows and external corners
- Re-skim (Plaster) the ceilings and walls to a high standard and finish externals with and without beads
- The bonus to this day is that you are now skimming over Artex.
- By applying the trowel float trowel method you will skim your artex ceilings and walls all together to consolidate how much you have learnt on the first 3 days all rolled into one day
- In depth class discussion of completed day
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to Cove out areas using 4" & 5 "coving
- Coving out the rooms using various tools for internal, external and offset angles.
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to complete your own floor screed correctly
- This will be the day you will finish the rooms off completely with floor screeding to our set FFL.
- You will also be given up to date information on screeding using various types of insulation such as cellotex, from conservatories to New Builds we have the knowledge and experience. We will also be covering unbonded and bonded floors knowing all regulations to the relevant substrates.
Weeks 2 - 4
This is where we start to put you through your paces, we hone in your skills set, underpinning knowledge and give you much harder areas to tackle that other Centres could only dream of.
Throughout this fifth week you will be assessed onsite with us. Complie your NVQ Level 2 Portfolio and carryout evening study where required.
Mandatory Units (all required):
QCF641 - Conform to General workplace safety
QCF642 - Conform to efficient work practices
QCF643 - Move and handle resources
QCF66 - Produce Internal Solid Plastering Finishes
QCF67 - Produce External Solid Render Finishes
Optional Units 2 required:
QCF65 - Apply finishing plaster to background surfaces
QCF68 - Install Direct Bond Dry Lining (dot and dab)
QCF69 - Lay Sand and Cement Screeds
QCF70 - Apply Projection Plaster and maintain equipment
QCF71 - Install (mechanically fixed) Plasterboard
5 Day Sand and Cement Rendering Course & Krend Course
Weeks 7 & 8
This Thin Coat Render Course is advanced in itself. We will teach you more than you could possibly imagine. Hre's a list of Intricate finishes:
- Using 1-3mm Thincoat Render
- Details above windows
- Banding Round Windows
- Keystoning (Quions)
- Tonachino (Alpine Finish)
Plastering Courses 8 Weeks are hands on from the start. NVQ Level 2 Plastering Courses working towards NVQ Level 3 in Plastering.
- Book by phone: 01708 344 700
- Training Centre Location
- Guest House's / B & B's
- Discounts and Funding
- Price List
- Request Information
- After Course Support
- At your request
(Phone: 01708 344 700)
Plastering Courses - 8 Week Plastering Course