IAG Statement Of Service
Goldtrowel Academy IAG Statement of Service
At Goldtrowel we want to make sure that all our learners have access to free, quality career advice.
- What Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) can I expect at Goldtrowel?
- Through your time at Goldtrowel through regular input in your course and also 1:1 support where needed.
Our IAG staff can offer you the following services:
- Impartial and unbiased advice on the courses we provide
- Information regarding the qualifications and career paths that our programmes offer.
- Guidance and support if you are facing personal difficulties.
- Referrals to other quality learning providers if our courses are not suitable for you, or we cannot meet all your needs.
- Assessment to make sure the course level is right for you
- Access to employability support, helping you with CV writing, application forms, interview tips and your personal skills if you require
- Access to advice on progression into work or further learning.
- On some of our courses, we will help you access work placements.
Our commitment to you
You can also expect:
- Your meetings with your Tutor and IAG Adviser will remain confidential.
- We will actively promote Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
- We will welcome the opportunity to receive your feedback on the quality of our service to you.
- We will actively strive to improve our services based on your feedback and our own Quality Improvement measures.
How will the IAG service work in practice?
- From your initial enquiry by telephone or in person, Goldtrowel will endeavour to provide you with the most practical and suitable IAG service to meet your needs.
- For funded courses or courses of longer than 5 days, Goldtrowel will carry out an initial IAG interview with you and this will allow us to develop an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) for you so that you can clearly identify your learning pathway.
- For funded courses we will carry out a learner review at least every 6 weeks to monitor your progress and assist you with any problems that you may have encountered.
- If you are having any problems at all then please contact your tutor or an IAG advisor. If you do not have a specified IAG advisor then contact the main reception on 01708 344700 and they will allocate you with a qualified advisor.
- Your problems do not have to be limited to issues with the course that you are taking with us. Our IAG staff are experienced in dealing with all kinds of difficulties, and any conversation that you have with them will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. If you do not wish to speak to one of our advisors then we have also provided contact details for several organisations that can help you. These are displayed in the classroom or you can get a print-off from the main office.
You can access our IAG service any time before, during or for up to 6 months after your course has finished.
QUALITY AWARD FOR GOLDTROWEL
Following an Assessment by an independent body, Goldtrowel has been awarded the accreditation to the Matrix Quality Standard. This prestigious award is the national quality standard for information, advice and guidance (IAG) on learning and work.
The award recognises Goldtrowels commitment to an exceptional quality of external service, whilst demonstrating their commitment to continuously develop and improve their IAG service.
Said a delighted Andy Marshall "We have always been proud of the service we offer our students.
We commit to providing on-going, accurate and relevant information and assistance to all our learners to ensure that they progress successfully with their qualifications and achieve their peak in their working lives. Our IAG offering is a service that we believe sets us apart from our competitors and encourages a strong relationship between the company, its staff and the learners to the long-term benefit of all three."
Goldtrowel supports learners in the journey of learning and development. The learners who were interviewed highlighted their ease of access to the services provided. They emphasised the approachability and willingness of staff to assist. Perhaps the overall approach can be found in words of the learners who said:
"I had never realised that there was such a variance in the quality of training. Not only do Goldtrowel provide excellent support in training but they also encourage you and work with you to think about the best pathway into work. I would not hesitate in recommending them to other people."
"It is much better than a college and they do have a sound reputation. I tried one or two other places before I settled on this one .The main difference is that it is not just about taking your money and leaving you to it. They show you how it should be done and they support you in terms of your long term employment goals."
Christine Smart, who undertook the assessment for Ento Ltd, paid particular tribute to the face that "all of the learners spoken to during the Assessment were impressed by the friendliness of the staff and praised the support and encouragement that they had been given."
For further information please contact
Office Telephone Number on 01708 344700