NVQ Level 2 Plastering Courses | Uks No1 Plastering Courses
NVQ Plastering Courses | NVQ Plastering Courses 4 Weeks
NVQ Plastering Courses Level 2 at Goldtrowel are full on, hands on NVQ plastering courses. This 4 week NVQ Plastering Courses is a full on Intensive Plastering Course which will lead to employment with this qualification. This course is suitable for complete beginners.
Please note: The course costs includes the complete package. No additional costs Or Assessment fees. £2250.00 is for the 4 Week Training and NVQ .
"We are Plasterers that teach Plastering" and have many years of experience.
"Come and see for yourself and ask the students" It's not the distance that you travel to a course, It's the Quality of the Training in Real life Scenarios. If you want a change in Career and have no experience we will get you qualified as a Plasterer.
Pay as you train options to suit your needs are also available. In other words you can pay for your course by instalments. You can stagger your course to suit your needs. If you would like to do this course but cannot complete it in 4 straight weeks and would like to stagger your training or pay as you train and stagger your payments just give us a call 01708 344700 and our friendly staff will help you tailor a course around your needs
With effect from 01 Dec 2017 the NVQ Level 2 Criteria has changed. Until now you could achieve the NVQ L2 by just Plasterboarding and Skimming. This change now means that everyone is required to prove competence in the following skills.
Plasterboarding ( Unit 67 v2 )
Skimming (Unit 65 v2)
Floating (Unit 66 v2 )
Rendering ( Sand and Cement ) (Unit 67 v2)
Render this means Scrape back Render such as Monocouche / Krend. Or Thincoat Render (Unit 67 V2)
Fortunately, Goldtrowel have always believed this is what makes a Plasterer stand out from just the Boarders and Skimmers. Here at Goldtrowel we teach all the above plus more.
We are the only Provider currently in th UK who teach the whole package.
You have booked on a 10 day Course and cannot do all 10 days at once. No Problem Just let us know what days you can complete and we will tailor it around you.
By taking your NVQ L2 plastering course at Goldtrowel you will be fully trained in solid plastering and you can be assured the 4 weeks will be full and intense to help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need to achieve an NVQ Diploma Level 2. We pride ourselves in our exceptional high standards. We have unlimited amount of space and we like to see as much skimming and floating done as possible. This course will act as your underpinning knowledge to progress you to achieving an NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Plastering.
Goldtrowel is a Construction Awards Alliance Approved NVQ Diploma QCF Assessment Centre No 12570.
Upon booking you will receive the following training material.
The internet link to the Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials with your confirmation information
Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
Prior to attending your course you should watch the Goldtrowel Plastering Tutorials and download and study the training manual free from Members Login sent with your confirmation.
Content week one - Monday - Friday
Feel free to ask the instructors any questions at any time during or after the course regarding plastering, damp work, external work etc
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- You will then plasterboard your Ceiling in your allocated room
- Learn how to cut and fix Plasterboards correctly then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration and then you will apply 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to your own ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc...
- In depth discussions, demonstrations using the corrct mixes over all substrates and applying render scratch coats to walled areas
- Float all the walls as a backing coat - we advise students to do as many walls as possible
- The use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule.
- Demonstration of Render top coats
- Apply all Top coat backing coats to standard
- All Floated out walls will be rubbed up smooth, then on completion devil floated ready for plastering the following day.
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- You will then change rooms and carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- In the afternoon you will have a discussion about pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
- Sit a written quotation test so that a good understanding on pricing is calculated
- You will also prepare your ceilings using Artex patterns prior to the following day. (optional)
- This is your new room that you will have to complete in one day
- You will carry out a glue float and set using bonding
- Re bead the windows and external corners
- Re-skim (Plaster) the ceilings and walls to a high standard and finish externals with and without beads
- The bonus to this day is that you are now skimming over Artex.
- By applying the trowel float trowel method you will skim your artex ceilings and walls all together to consolidate how much you have learnt on the first 3 days all rolled into one day
- In depth class discussion of completed day
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to Cove out areas using 4" & 5 "coving
- Coving out the rooms using various tools for internal, external and offset angles.
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to complete your own floor screed correctly
- This will be the day you will finish the rooms off completely with floor screeding to our set FFL.
- You will also be given up to date information on screeding using various types of insulation such as cellotex, from conservatories to New Builds we have the knowledge and experience. We will also be covering unbonded and bonded floors knowing all regulations to the relevant substrates.
Content week 2 - Monday - Friday
- Plasterboard your ceiling in your allocated room, learn how to cut and fix boards correctly, plasterboard the walls using the direct bond method (dot and dab) with adhesive, construct an arch to a specified shape and size. Cutting correctly thin coat beads to all external angles, scrim taping all joins in plasterboards to ceiling walls and internal ceiling and wall joins and wall to wall joins. 2 coat skim the ceiling over plasterboard.
- Float all the walls as a backing coat, the use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule, flat render. You will learn how to free hand all external angles, bullnose corners etc..
- Move into your second room and seal all plaster using pva sealer, re-cut thin coat beads and fix to external angles, glue and 2 coat skim ceiling finishing to a barrel. glue and 2 coat skim walls using internal corner trowels as required
- Move into your third room seal glue and 3 coat skim ceiling to a curve if required, you will be using the trowel float trowel method of 3 coating a ceiling, you will be shown how to straighten the ceiling lines with the use of a featheredge, you will 2 coat skim the walls and these will be expected to be perfect.
- Complete floor screed using inverted manholes and drain pipes, up to date specifictions using cellutex insulation.We will discuss any areas that we feel you need more tuition with, you can also let us know what areas you would like to practice more with, we will accommodate, this so when you leave you are capable of completing jobs to a professional and high quality standard.
Content week 3 - Monday - Friday
This is just about as good as it gets.
- Not only will you achieve units as below, you will also float over Artex ceilings and walls using bonding and also use the trowel float trowel method, Skim Barrel Ceilings & Curved walls, and Pebbledashing to various backgrounds. We deliver as much as feasably possible to all our students during their training. *You will also prepare vaulted Ceilings, and apply 2 coat finish plaster.
Content Week 4 - Monday - Friday
- This is really where you are put to the test. Board (Plasterboard Ceiling and apply finish Plaster) and set your Ceiling and Float (backing coats and apply finish plaster) and set your room all in a day. Time allocation 5 hours.
- Underpinning knowledge forms part of all understanding of Solid Plastering therefore you will cover various types of Floor Screeds.
- Basic Sand & Cement Floor Screed
- SBR Screeds for unbonded surfaces and thicknesses below tyhe British Standards Codes of Practice.
- Screeds including Fibre Hairs for strength and minimal cracking risk.
- Fast Settings Screeds and early drying Screeds.
- Complete Floor Screed Assessment ruled in and closed up and finished with Steel trowel.
Wednesday - Friday
- Portfolio Induction and Training and continued development with your dedicated Assessors.
Even though you will complete all training for all Units for the NVQ, We actually give you far more in every aspect than any other Centre.
We have over 80 metres for students to float and set, making sure that you will be competent within the Plastering Industry.
Visit us and you will see for yourself.
Goldtrowel will help with all aspects of setting yourself up in the Plastering Industry.
In order to qualify and register for the plastering NVQ via EWPA route, the following criteria must be met:
You will need to be employed/self-employed in a role that is related to Plastering / Dry lining / Tiling for more than 5 years; you will need to provide proof of this.
These qualifications (NVQs) focus on practical skills and knowledge. Developed and approved by people who work in the industry, they are a great way to get into construction or to boost your career by developing new skills and knowledge through the assessment of work based competence.
Mandatory Units (all required):
QCF01 - Conform to General workplace safety
QCF02 - Conform to efficient work practices
QCF03 - Move and handle resources
QCF66 - Produce Internal Solid Plastering Finishes
QCF67 - Produce External Solid Render Finishes
Optional Units 2 required:
QCF65 - Apply finishing plaster to background surfaces
QCF68 - Install Direct Bond Dry Lining (dot and dab)
QCF69 - Lay Sand and Cement Screeds
QCF70 - Apply Projection Plaster and maintain equipment
QCF71 - Install (mechanically fixed) Plasterboard
How The QCF Works
QCF is the new system by which training providers can create and validate qualifications in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Its purpose is to allow to learners to get their qualifications in the way which is convenient for them, with a wider range of opportunities than the NVQ system currently allows.
Our plastering nvq courses and plastering qualifications are NVQ Level 2. Hands on practical plastering training courses from Goldtrowel.
This Plastering Nvq qualification will get you onsite.