Our Weekend Bricklaying Courses are intense and you will achieve so much during your 2 day Course. It is a practical hands on course. Want to be a bricklayer? Our practical hands on weekend bricklaying courses can lead to qualifications within the industry. From advanced to City and Guilds courses, our training is second to none.During you weeknd course this practical hands on bricklaying course covers the following
- Introduction to and the use of tools,
- Gauging & mixing mortars,
- Loading & setting out the site with materials,
- Trowel techniques and laying the bed joint,
- Buttering brick joints,
- Building corners plumb and level, laying to the line & various pointing techniques,
- Demonstration proceeds your first practical exercise, with this day over you would have built a single skin brick wall with returns.
- Demonstration of various brick bonding proceeds your practical exercise with building a double skinned wall with brick on edge coping and piers as would be used in garden walling and retaining walls, later in the afternoon we will cover the theory of using dpc and cavity insulation.
The course is designed to give you sound knowledge of brickwork for use at home or site.