This EWPA (Experienced Worker Practical Assessment) is for experienced plasterers who need their NVQ Level 2, this will allow you to get your blue CSCS card.
Plastering - EWPA - 1 Day Course
ABOUT THIS COURSE
1 day EWPA Plastering Assessment.
This 1 day assessment is conducted at Goldtrowel, this can be completed any day of the week, you will be profiled by our assessor before booking (we recommend giving us a ring and having a chat), this is to ensure that you have the experience and skills required to achieve your NVQ via this route, you will be asked to complete paperwork we send to you, this will include a reference/s document, the assessment day will involve you proving your practical skills, by demonstrating the following traits, Rendering, Gypsum floating, Skimming, Plaster boarding and setting angle beads, you will also have to correctly answer some written questions which will prove your knowledge in plastering, and finally at the end of your plastering assessment you will have a recorded discussion with your assessor, during which you will chat about your work career, after completing your plastering assessment you will receive your NVQ certificate in the post within 10 days.
See our FAQ's for any questions you may have.
What you will gain from this course / Assessment.
- Full NVQ Level 2 diploma qualification in Solid Plastering.
- EWPA Portfolio.
- No limitations to work.
- Ability to obtain your Blue Skilled Worker CSCS card.
- Customer confidence.
- Emigration possibilities.
During profiling before booking this course, you will be asked about your work experiences and work history, the types of work you have done, if you have worked domestic, site, commercial or contract work, you need to be truthful with your answers, just because you do not have experience in some areas does not mean you cannot be assessed or unable to pass.
The assessment is based on five contributing items:
- Employer endorsement (can be a builder you have worked for)
- Practical skills assessment
- Written Questions
- Professional discussion (one to one with your assessor)
NVQ Level 2 Solid Plastering Units
Unit 641 - Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace.
Unit 642 - Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
Unit 643 - Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
Unit 65v2 - Applying Finishing Plaster to Background Surfaces in the Workplace
Unit 66v2 - Producing Internal Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
Unit 67v2 - Producing External Solid Plastering Finishes in the Workplace
Unit 71v2 - Installing Mechanically Fixed Plasterboard in the Workplace
Note: the criteria for all EWPA learners includes:
- being site experienced in all the stated skills of the qualification
- have sufficient experience of the skills of the qualification, so that planning their working day, problem solving and decision making and working to deadlines (regarding your plastering) are a usual day to day activity
- an ability to cope with the demands of an intensive practical assessment
- an ability to work safely at all times
- an ability to discuss their work activities with others
- EWPA NVQ can only be attempted once, if unsuccessful you will have to apply via OSAT
Goldtrowel have a strong believe not to misguide learners, which is why its a good idea to talk to us before booking, we will always guide you to the best course regardless of cost or duration, its what`s right for you.
20+ year history of Training
with years in the industry
for fully accredited qualifications
Asheton Farm Business Centre