2-day Sand & Cement Rendering Courses are full on intensive courses as External Rendering forms part of solid plastering. Goldtrowel offers this hands on practical rendering course using sand and cement mixes.
Sand & Cement Rendering - DIY - 2 Day Course
ABOUT THIS COURSE
We have a New purpose built Rendering Centre (Single storey building) which is outside, designed to be more than challenging to the individual. From Bay Windows, Doorways, Windows and a variant of other obstacles.
- We are Number 1 in the UK for delivering this External Rendering and Specialist Rendering course. Our Company statement is this because of what we offer, what we deliver, and most importantly what you actually achieve. Our pictures are taken from our students during their courses. You will be working in an uncontrolled environment which is outside, which is where your course starts.
- Potential students need to understand that underpinning knowledge forms the basis of experience and here at Goldtrowel we will definitely give you the knowledge, the hands on experience, patience and most off all loads of meterage using the correct tools.
- We have students travelling from all over the UK to get the right training and experience, be rest assured we know our stuff.
Course Structure: Training and Assessment
- Introduction - Types of mixes and expectations
- Cut and Fix Angle Beads and Bellcast Beads
- Apply scratch coats to all areas, including window walls returns etc..
- Application of Topcoats
- Rub smooth to a Flat render finish
- Traditional finishes and their properties such as Pebbledashing
- Modern Rendering systems information
- Synthetic Renders
- Course Handouts
Questions for your Training Provider prior to booking onto your course?
- Why Scratch coat?
- Different types of Dashing?
- Different types of preparation for all backgrounds?
- Types of Mesh?
- Difference between sands and cements and the correct mix ratios over all substrates.
- What causes Renders to crack if not prepared correctly?
- What are the correct mixes for all various backgrounds?
- What meterage will you cover on your Rendering Course?
Why choose Goldtrowel?
We are Number 1 in the UK for delivering this External Rendering and Specialist Rendering course. From applying render, scratch coats, top coats, pebbledashing, pargetting, silicon renders, scrape back renders, also available are qualification courses including levels 1,2 and 3 in training and NVQ, our training is hands on, and held in Essex, these are 5 day courses, and for those experienced already or new to the industry. We are not only Instructors and Assessors, but we actually are still on the tools as well, so we know what we are doing so you achieve exceptional results what else would you expect.
20+ year history of Training
with years in the industry
for fully accredited qualifications
Asheton Farm Business Centre